7 Books That Could Change Your Life
Looking for a few good books to read that you can learn from and apply to your life?
Below are two lists of books I wanted to share with you.
The first list has 7 books I think could change your life if you read them, take them to heart and implement them. (That may sound like hyperbole but I believe it) The second list has 3 books that I’ve heard about that I just bought to read recently.
Everyone is different but I like to read books that have things I can learn from and apply in my life. I hate the term “self help” but if I had to pick a category or two I guess I like “self help” and “business” books. So my list of what I consider great books below may not be for you, but my guess is it will be a good fit for self employed or entrepreneurial types who tend to always be wanting to improve themselves and their businesses. (and I know there is a lot of you in Stapleton!)
When I’m reading good books I can feel the impact it has on me. I think more clearly and I’m more motivated during the day. I also feel more relaxed and sleep better at night. Alternatively, TV does nothing for me. Over the past few months I got addicted to “Breaking Bad” and watched all 5 seasons. That had pretty much the opposite effect…I stayed up late, felt tired and didn’t sleep well. (Side note…if you want to cancel cable here is how you do it!)
Anyway, here is my list of great books! If you want to borrow any one of these this holiday season just let me know! (I even deliver – in Stapleton!)
7 Books That Can Change Your Life:
1. “Essentialism” by Greg Mckeown – This will help you focus on the important essential items in your life and eliminate the rest!
2. “Getting Things Done” by David Allen. Feel like you are overwhelmed and never make progress on the projects you want to tackle. Here is how you do it.
3. “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie. This is an oldy but a goody. It will teach you how to have an impact on others.
4. “The 4 Hour Workweek” by Tim Ferriss. Don’t get lost in the title, it’s a very helpful book in terms of designing your ideal life.
5. “Making Money is Killing Your Business” by Chuck Blakeman. Don’t become a slave to your work, design your business to serve you & your goals.
6. “The One Thing” by Gary Keller. If you look hard there is one thing you should be doing that would have huge impact. Drop the rest!
7. “The Compound Effect” by Darren Hardy. This will show you the power of small changes in your life over time.
Next 3 Books I’m Reading Now:
1. “A Million Miles In a Thousand Years – How I Learned to Live a Better Story” by Donald Miller
2. “Happiness of Pursuit” by Chris Guillebeau
3. “Permission Marketing” by Seth Godin
If you end up reading any of these I’d love to hear your thoughts. If you have some others you think I should check out please let me know!