Happy spring break for those of you about to kick that off after school today! We hope you enjoy the time off and find ways to safely celebrate being out of your house. I know we’re excited to just get out on a little roadtrip and enjoy some warm weather spots personally.
Well before we start spring break we wanted to bring you one more of our Friday updates on the Central Park real estate market. If you’re a buyer in this market you know you have to be on the ball, so hopefully our updates are helpful to you.
Before we jump into the latest listings we wanted to mention 2 new pieces of local content we think you’ll find valuable.
First, here is our latest “Inside Scoop” blog post from Mariel Ross of Focus Real Estate. These Inside Scoop posts are some of our most popular ones because they give you details on the latest commercial developments in the area, which everyone always wants to know about! Apartments being built at Stanley? Raising Cane’s coming to the area? Go Church buying land for their new building? Check out the post for all the details.
Second, we wanted to mention our latest Central Park Scoop Youtube video, which this time features Lisa Palladino from our team. The whole purpose of our YT channel is to provide useful information to people considering a move to Central Park, or who just moved here. So if you live in the hood you may already know this stuff, but if you know someone considering Central Park please share this video, which is all about helping people figure out if Central Park is right for them.
Alright, lets’ jump into the new listings for the week!
13 new listings went on the market in Central Park this week. Hurray! That will satisfy the buyer demand for… just 5 days based on how fast the market is moving. We’re still really low on inventory and we’re hopeful that we’ll see more after spring break.
Of the new listings here are a few you’ll want to check out:
This modern ranch style home is listed by Bret Weinstein with BSW Real Estate, LLC for $660,000. I think buyers are going to love the abundant natural light, the tall ceilings, the open floor plan and the fact that you get 4 bedrooms including the finished basement. Plus you can walk or bike to Stanley Marketplace, F-15 Pool or the Eastbridge Town Center from this location! Ranch style homes can be tough to find and this one shines… I don’t suspect it will last long.
Located in the heart of Eastbridge, just blocks from Stanley Marketplace, this fantastic home sits on a corner lot and boasts tons of gorgeous upgrades. You’ll find convenient built-ins throughout the home, a white kitchen with designer light fixture, custom stacked stone accent wall in the dining area and contemporary railings leading to the second level where there are three generously sized bedrooms including the owner’s suite. Don’t miss this basement! A kitchenette with full-sized appliances, a theater with projector, 2 bedrooms and a ¾ bath combine to create an entertainer’s dream space and amazing guest quarters. Listed for $974,000 by Lisa Palladino with our team at Focus Real Estate.
There were 18 homes that went under contract in Central Park this week. The average “days on market” (meaning how long a home is listed before it’s under contract) was just 5 days! So buyers when you see that home you like you need to get there the same day and get your offer submitted quickly. Does that make you nervous having to act that fast? We get it, so we wrote this blog post regarding the real estate contract so you can review it in detail in advance… before you have to make that fast offer. Check it out.
13 homes closed this week in Central Park. This sold section is particularly fun if you’re a homeowner and you haven’t been paying attention to the market. Comb through and see what homes are selling for lately. Oftentimes it’s way over asking price. This week 7 of the 13 homes that closed ended up doing so over the seller’s asking price.
That brings up a good question…how do I decide how much to list my home for? Our suggestion to sellers is to have us review all the comparable sales, make adjustments for differences between the homes, adjust for when those homes sold (because if it sold more than a month ago it’s going to sell for more today!) and then list your home in the upper end of that reasonable value range. Then, if you’ve listed it there and you have it looking good, you’re likely to attract multiple offers and end up with that bidding war that sellers love. That’s how you get the most activity and the best offers. If you’re interested in learning more about the process with Focus Real Estate my contact info is below, we’d love to help!
There are 23 total active listings in the neighborhood right now. Way too low given the buyer demand in the market right now.
If you’re not finding what you’d like in the resale market or you’re just sick of competing in bidding wars we’d love to chat and see if a new build would work. We help tons of clients through that process and we’d love to help you explore it. Here is a recent Youtube video Mariel Ross from our team just did, titled “To Build or To Buy in Denver…that is the Question” that will help you weigh the pros and cons of each path.
Lastly, before we go we wanted to mention our active buyer list in the area. These are clients we’re working with at Focus Real Estate who are ready to buy but just need homes to purchase. If you have a home that could fit any of the buyer needs below we’d love to chat!
Focus Buyer Needs:
- Around $1.2M. Parkwood, Thrive, or Infinity with views or proximity to open space.
- $1.2M or less. Central Park North or Central Park West, 4+ beds upstairs
- $1.15M or less. Parkwood or Infinity with 4 beds up, finished basement, mudroom & good pantry
- $1.1M or less. Looking for a Parkwood. Prefer north of I-70. Minimal carpet desired
- $950k or less. South side of I-70 preferred, 4+ bed / 4+ bath, office space needed, larger yard, larger bedrooms
- $925k or less. South side of I-70 preferred, 4+ beds, finished basement preferred
- $900k or less. CalAtlantic single-family in Northfield.
- $900k or less. 4+ beds, more yard the better
- $900k or less. North side of I-70 preferred, minimum 4 bedrooms (ideally 5), separate master suite (late summer or early fall move-in preferred)
- $900k or less. Single family home in Willow Park East or Northfield area preferable. Ideally Thrive or Lennar.
- Around $850k. North or south of I-70. 3-4 beds and an office.
- Around $800k. 4 bed (or 3 + office), preferably south of I-70, at least a small yard.
- $650k or less. 3+ bed / 3+ bath, Craftsman style courtyard home with a finished basement
- $650k or less. South end or Central Park West. Single family or paired.
- $650k or less. North of I-70. Single-family or paired home with a finished basement
- $500k or less. 2+ bed / 2 bath, south side of I-70 preferred, attached or detached
- Eastbridge 2 bed / 2 bath condo in the Artisan sub-HOA.
- Infinity Vue II or III. North or south of I-70
- KB Starlight (any floor plan)
- Wonderland Cimarron south of I-70
- Income qualified with a main floor master. North or south of I-70
- Income qualified that allows up to 90% AMI ideally with covered parking space or garage
- Income qualified with 3 bedrooms. North or south of I-70
Well that’s it for this week. Have a wonderful weekend and spring break and as always, if you need assistance with your move we’d love to help. My contact info is below and our whole team is here to serve. Have a great weekend!
**Focus sells homes for 1.5% listing commission when we’re your agent on the next purchase, and just 2.0% even if we aren’t helping you buy! Neighborhood experts, flexible commissions. My contact info is below to learn more!**
Our Friday real estate updates are meant to be a “roundup” type post where we discuss all listings in Central Park, not just our own. It’s our way of making sure we follow the market closely and we share it with the Scoop readers because we know many of you like to track real estate in the area as well. Many of the listings in these posts are not our company’s listings and we wanted to mention that here to make sure it’s clear. Thanks for reading the Scoop!