As the holiday season approaches, the importance of supporting local businesses takes center stage and is the perfect excuse to ditch the big box corporations and shine a light on locally-owned small businesses. This Small Business Saturday, join in a collective commitment to shop small, support local, and strengthen the foundation of our local communities. Unsure of where to begin? General Manager of Stanley Marketplace, Ally Fredeen, shares some suggestions for where to shop for friends and family and cross off your list by shopping small this year:
8 Tips for Great Gift Giving with a Small Business Mindset This Holiday Season
- For the parents who cook: Industrial Luxury Vinyl Floor Mats, $200. Revamp their kitchen with a touch of industrial luxury. These vinyl floor mats not only add a pop of color but also provide comfort and style to their cooking space.
- For the supportive sister: True Snowflake PJ Set by PJ Salvage, $140. Give the gift of coziness with this True Snowflake PJ set. Perfect for holiday lounging, these PJs from PJ Salvage combine comfort and style for optimal relaxation.
- For the crazy cat-loving friend: Trunk Nouveau’s Meowy Catmas Advent Calendar, $19.99. For a good shared laugh and a dose of feline fun, surprise your cat-loving friend with the Trunk Nouveau Meowy Catmas Advent Calendar to count down to the holidays.
- For their first Hanukkah: Eight Nights of Lights book at Tattered Cover Kids, $19.99. Introduce them to Hanukkah and all the special traditions with the Eight Nights of Lights at Tattered Cover Kids. It’s a thoughtful and educational gift that brings joy to even the littlest learners.
- For the has-it-all husband: Aktiv Amundsen Base Layer, $119.00. For the guy who has everything, add to their wardrobe with the Aktiv Amundsen Base Layer. Stylish and functional, it’s a great addition to his collection.
- For the new mom and dad: Magnetic Me Cozy Onesie from Goose and the Goat, $40. Make getting dressed a breeze for their little one with the Magnetic Me Cozy Onesie from Goose and the Goat. It’s not only adorable but also practical for quick and easy outfit changes no matter what time of day or night.
- For the niece or nephew: Grateful Dead Shashibo from OddZ, $24.95. Feed their love for brain teasers and prolific bands with a break from screentime with the Grateful Dead Shashibo from OddZ for a unique and entertaining gift that combines their interests.
- For the design-loving mother-in-law: Framed 8×10 Variety Prints from Friend Assembly, $42 each. Freshen up her powder room, office or cozy nook with framed 8×10 vibrant variety prints. Featuring a playful pop of color, they are perfect for adding a touch of style to her personal space.
Get ahead of the season and shop small, independent retailers and give the gift of local. By choosing to shop from local entrepreneurs rather than big box retailers, we play a pivotal role in nurturing our community of small businesses. Stop by Stanley Marketplace on Small Business Saturday, 11/25, and say hi to Ally and her team for more recommendations of local places to shop, eat, drink and more. Stick around for a family-friendly silent disco and a roster of holiday activities for all ages. Learn more about Small Business Saturday events at Stanley in this post.