Looking for some fun this Fourth of July? This year, America’s birthday is sure to be fun-filled given the 4th falls on a Sunday and last year most of us celebrated from our own homes. Firework displays are the highlight for this fun summer holiday and most areas are holding their celebrations as we have begun to come back to life after COVID. Some cities and towns have elected to sit one more year out due to an abundance of caution surrounding the Coronavirus. If you are ready to get out of your home though and enjoy the displays I am here to help you figure out some fun things to do with your family or friends so you’re not scrambling next weekend to find the fun.
As always, be safe and remember personal fireworks that explode and leave the ground are illegal in Colorado.
LOCAL FIREWORK DISPLAYS
- Glendale’s Independence Day celebration early on Friday July 2nd at Creekside Park 7:30pm to 10:30pm, street closures will accommodate the festivities.
- Coors Field – Firework display after the Rockies take on the St. Louis Cardinals on 7/2 and 7/3. Can be seen from all areas surrounding Denver or game tickets can be purchased. https://www.mlb.com/rockies/schedule/2021-07
- Elitch Gardens – Firework display at dusk on 7/4 can be seen (for free) from all over the area. Admission to the park also available. https://www.elitchgardens.com/entertainment/fireworks/
- Dicks Sporting Goods Park – Colorado Rapids will host their 4thfest Celebration on 7/4. Colorado’s largest public firework show will happen this year after the soccer game v. Seattle Sounders. NOTE: this will be the first full capacity game since March 2020. coloradorapids.com/4thfest
- Aurora’s Bicentennial Park – 30 minute firework display on 7/4 (no spectators allowed on site, the city has asked that you view from your homes or surrounding park spaces). auroragov.org.
Weekend Events and Happenings around 80238
- Saturday, July 3rd – MCA Concert on the Green featuring The Long Run, an Eagles tribute band starts at 6pm at the South Green at 29th/Roslyn https://www.mca80238.com/event-calendar/concert-on-the-green-the-long-run
- Saturday, July 3rd – Larimer Square block party beginning at 12noon. Free live music and more.
- Saturday, July 3rd – A Fantastic 4th Weekend at Painted Prairie’s High Prairie Park from 10am – 2pm, enjoy model homes tours, food trucks, DIY tutorials, Nature’s Educators bird demonstrations and a micro farmers market!
- Sunday, July 4th – MCA farmers market 9am to 12pm located at the South Green (29th/Roslyn). First 100 guests will receive a reusable shopping bag filled with 4th of July goodies!
- Sunday, July 4th – 12noon, Fourth of July at the Pools – each pool will have a DJ from 12:30 to 5:30pm (pools will be 80% by reservation ONLY, 20% walkup visitors)
- Sunday, July 4th – Park Hill Annual 4th of July parade at 1:30pm (23rd/Dexter) http://parkhillparade.org/
However you plan to spend the holiday weekend, I hope it’s a happy and safe one!